Sunday, June 15, 2008

One month and loving life






Well I can’t believe that one month has gone by, why didn’t the months I was pregnant seem to go this fast? It’s so fun to watch our little one grow into her personality, what a pill she already is… Not sure how Haydn is ever going to tell her no. She has discovered her little voice and if she is in the mode she will sit and talk, smile and giggle. However when I pull out our camera to catch these precious moments she will immediately stop, did I mention she is a pill...

People are always full of advice, the most common advice I seem to receive is make sure you are sleeping when she naps. What great advice if only my little one would sleep, you may think oh sure like a 6 week old baby doesn’t sleep well mine does not. Even if I am lucky enough to get her to close her little eyes she will be out for like 10 minuets and then be up ready to go. If I could only shower, vacuum and do laundry in 10 minuets I would be set!! It’s almost like she is afraid that she will miss some big exciting event is she falls asleep. Now you may be thinking well if she isn’t napping then she must be a great sleeper at night… oh how I wish that was true!

6 comments:

Cass said...

Way to update your blog! I will take care of Zoie in a few weeks and you can sleep all you want. I hope she is excited to see her favorite aunt :)

tim and priscilla said...

i feel your pain....
he was colicky and i had to hold him all day for the first couple months. the only thing i read that helped me is that young babies can only handle staying awake for one to two hours at a time. if you catch them right when they are getting a little tired, they will go to sleep, wait too long, they won't. it took reading 5 books to find some advice that actaully helped me. remember how long my hair was before the baby...chopped it around 6weeks postbaby.
she is totally different, i can see both of you in her! can't wait to see you and the little on again. good thing the boys come home tonight, take the weekend off and her over to haydn!

danny & shante said...

Hey Linds, its Shante. Found your blog through Aimees. Zoie is beautiful! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

what a cutie. sorry she isn't sleeping well---she'll get there i promise.
aimee

Keri said...

Lindsay -
I think you should start a "fashion" segment, so Zoie can model all her cute outfits while they still fit. A picture a day! She sure looked cute on Saturday.
-Keri

erin said...

She is a doll, even if she is a pill :) Heck, you're a bit of a pill yourself, so what did you expect?! Love you, Lindsay!