Thursday, December 1, 2011

Dang Wind!

That was my first thought when at 2am the gusts were rattling my home..
Then we lost power around 5am (if only that would have been the worst)
As I rolled out of bed to get Zoie ready for school in our chilly house I looked outside and saw the damage around me, neighbors fences gone, shingles all over the yard, trees snapped in half
and a street lamp post in my front yard..

Here are a few photos that I snapped before I was almost lifted off to OZ

neighbors fence

broken trees, so lucky they didn't fall into the house

street lamp post in my yard
funny how rocky mtn power kept telling me to avoid the open wires at the bottom..
REALLY? are people that dumb?






All we had was some cosmetic damage, 
again we were so lucky
however the noise that comes with siding being torn from your home...
TERRIFYING!

Check out  ksl.com
if you want to see all the damage, 
semi's on their side, trees on houses/cars, trampolines all twisted in streets
one BIG mess,
 not really sure how people make it through a tornado

No comments: